If you are interested in getting information about our next MBCT course and to register, click here.
MBCT is an effective treatment for a variety of mental health and physical health problems including anxiety, depression, anger, eating disorders, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, insomnia, diabetes and high blood pressure.
MBCT teaches participants to:
- Become aware of the way your mind works
- Recognize thinking patterns
- Descentre (to create distance) from your thoughts and be in there here and now
- Acknowledge that you have choices other than your automatic responses
- Be kinder to yourself and others
- Develop more empathy, compassion and self-compassion
- Identify warning signs and take proactive action
- Focus on the present moment.
MBCT has proven to be an effective treatment for people with a variety of mental and physical health problems as well as for preventing relapse. It is approved and recommended by the National Institutes of Health and Clinical Excellence of US and UK.
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Course
In this course, Dr. Silvina Galperin will introduce participants to an integration of Cognitive, Mindful
This course will run for 8 sessions. It is an opportunity for people to try something new and see if they like it.
Over the eight weeks of the program, these sessions will help you:
- to become familiar with the workings of your mind
- to notice the times when you are at risk of getting caught in old habits of mind that re-activate downward mood spirals
- to explore ways of releasing yourself from those old habits and, if you choose, enter a different way of being
- to put you in touch with a different way of knowing yourself and the world
- to notice small beauties and pleasures in the world around you instead of living in your head
- to be kind to yourself instead of wishing things were different all the time, or driving yourself to meet impossible goals
- to find a way so you don’t have to battle with yourself all the time
- to accept yourself as you are, rather than judging yourself all the time
MBCT integrates the practice of mindfulness meditation and scientific cognitive strategies. It was developed by Drs. Zindel Segal, Mark Williams and John Teasdale to treat people who have suffered from repeated episodes of depression and chronic unhappiness. As studies demonstrated great success, it started to be used to treat other conditions with positive results.
People who suffer from chronic worry, anxiety, depression and stress, tend to engage in negative thinking, rumination and usually find it difficult to get out of those unwanted mental states.
When a person is in a bad mood, they tend to get absorbed in negative thoughts that lead to actions that they may later regret.
In the MBCT treatment, participants learn how to become aware of their negative moods and downward spirals of thinking and how to disengage and break free from them. Using CBT techniques, new thoughts are brought into the present moment breaking the loop and causing the moods to change.
In MBCT, the goal is to educate participants on how they can become more aware of their thoughts and moods and not get caught in the loop of negativity by using mindfulness and CBT techniques. This new approach allows them to become more in control of their thoughts and emotions.
Dr. Galperin is a Registered Psychologist, Certified CBT therapist and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher.
If you would like to secure your spot, just reply to this email or call us at 905-597-4404. The total cost of this course is $800. Payments can be made by cash, check, credit card or E-transfer. The email to send your E-transfer to is email@example.com a
Below are some of the comments of our past participants:
“This course was really enjoyable! I will continue to practice”
“A positive, life-altering experience”
“Thank you Silvina for being such an amazing teacher!”
“Dr. Silvina is awesome; so calm, clear, thorough & effective.
“She is an amazing person for facilitating this practice”
To register for this course, click here.
If you have any questions about this course, feel free to contact us at 905-597-4404.
Hope to see you there!
Offering psychological services in Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, Vaughan, King City, Newmarket, Markham, Richmond Hill, Stouffville, Aurora, Scarborough, Ajax, Pickering, Oshawa, Whitby, Clarington and across Ontario through online counselling through video platforms like Zoom and Skype.