At CBT Psychology for Personal Development, we provide psychological and psychoeducational assessment services and interventions for children, teens, and adults to help with:
- Learning difficulties (i.e. reading, writing, math, memory, avoidance of school work)
- Identifying a student in need of gifted programming
- Problems with attention, restlessness, and/or impulsivity
- Problems with planning and organization
- Problems with managing emotions and behaviour
- Problems with anxiety, depression, and other social-emotional difficulties
Our psychological assessments are comprehensive and tailored to the needs of each client. We approach assessment from the perspective that children, teens, and adults will do well if they can. If a person is having difficulty socially, at home, at school, or at work, there is always a good reason, and our psychological assessment procedures use various methods to understand what the basis of the problem is for that unique individual. Once the basis of the problem has been determined through the psychological assessment process, initial recommendations, resources, and strategies will be provided in a full written report in order to help manage or resolve the difficulties identified.
After the psychological assessment is complete, we can offer interventions that include:
- Further education, resources, strategies and support regarding various conditions including Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Giftedness
- Support to school staff and parents to better assist a student with special needs
- Treatment for social-emotional problems including depression, anxiety, and school or employment based difficulties such as strategies to better manage behaviour and emotions, and to improve executive functioning (planning, organizing, getting started on tasks).
If you are interested in assessment services in Thornhill, Vaughan, Markham, Richmond Hill or North York, or would like to ask any questions or schedule an appointment, please call us today at 905.597.4404
Offering psychological services in Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, Vaughan, King City, Newmarket, Markham, Richmond Hill, Stouffville, Aurora, Scarborough, Ajax, Pickering, Oshawa, Whitby, Clarington and across Ontario through online counselling through video platforms like Zoom and Skype.